Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hampton Creek Cove




This fishing trip took place last summer sometime cant really remember when. My fiance and I decided to do some hiking/picnic after church in Roan Mountain, TN so we decided to try out the Hampton Creek Cove area and it turned out to be a beautiful day for hiking. (of course knowing this was also wild trout stream I brought along my fly rod.) The parking area starts you off in some farm land and the stream is relatively small at this point but offers some beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. As we moved about a mile past the parking area we came to man made waterfall to stop rainbows from moving up into the brook trout area of the stream which at this spot I saw several little 6-7" trout in a pool but just didnt feel like trying to catch them so we just sat and watched them for awhile. So after that we just hiked the trail back and descided to stop off at Roan Mountain State Park where finally after looking at so much trout water I desided to try out one spot and managed to catch a little rainbow. So after that desided to put up the fly rod since it was our day to do something together and not a fishing day for me but the upper part of Doe River nice little trout stream and maybe one day I will make my way back up there and give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment